Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Beginning... in Mathews... Where we Still are

So much for starting over in a new place! It so turns out we didn't move away, but moved within our small town of Mathews, VA. New home, same town. Much smaller home, a temporary rental until we buy our dream home, hopefully within 6 months - 1 year. My favorite room in the house is my new kitchen:

I love the stainless steel appliances, the white cabinets, the convection oven and the counter. Not usually a fan of galley kitchens, wish there was more room to groove.
Anyhow, that's my new kitchen where I've been cooking up some delicious meals using local produce from the CSA. I cooked a yummy soup, and baked a butternuts squash pie and bread, shrimp scampi over spaghetti squash, among other things. Now I am taking a break from cooking during the week so I can better control my calorie intake, and only cook on weekends.
I am using myfitnesspal to log my meals, water intake and workouts, and I really like the app. You can use it online and sync it with your phone. You can even scan the barcodes from the packaging so you don't even have to search for your foods, and it has had pretty much everything I scanned, even store brands.
Well, I really think I should start another post with these tips... titled something else other than "New Beginning in Mathews"... So come back later to check out my favorite health and fitness apps and websites!
So far only 2 lbs lost, but I started last week! Doing good!
Hope to see you here later!
Quel


No comments:

Post a Comment